Poznan Photos - Travel & Fine Art
The Imperial Castle in Poznan was built for the German Emperor and King of Prussia William II. Since 1710 the castle has served various functions – it housed government offices of Germany, and after World War II it became a place of cultural events of newly rebuilt Poland.
The Golden Chapel is part of the Cathedral of Poznan on Ostrów Tumski. It is the resting place of the first Polish rulers. The first glance at this photo explains the name well.
The beginnings of the Polish State relate to the history of Poznan, especially to Ostrów Tumski – an island on the Warta River which is part of modern Poznan. The photo shows the interior of this first Polish cathedral.
Two goats are a symbol of Poznan and are known throughout Poland. The original statuettes of the goats are part of the clock on the Poznan City Hall tower. Every day when the clock is ticking at twelve o’clock, the goats collide with their horns while crowds of tourists applaud underneath. Wondering why?