Recent entries

Nyhavn | Copenhagen, Denmark

Nyhavn | Copenhagen, Denmark

Originally the branch canal Nyhavn was trenched in 1673 to connect the marketplace Kongens Nytorv to the busy port of Copenhagen in order to boost the trade. Even though Nyhavn never went on to be a big port, due to its limited size and capacity it still led to a lot of businessmen settling down along the promenade. The typical colorful gabled houses were mostly built in the 18th and 19th century and are one of the most important sights in the Danish capital today.

Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial