I believe in the idea that art should be able to be presented to a broad audience. Art is there to share it, not to keep it for yourself. However, creating the art is both expensive and time-consuming. So I think with our copyright conditions we came to a reasonable compromise.
All photos from this website can be used in two ways:
Creative Common License
- To Share: Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the image
- To Remix: Create Derivative works of the image
Under these conditions:
- Attribution: Attribution to Nico Trinkhaus and a click- and follow-able link to Sumfinity.com must be made along with the image.
- Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what defines commercial use, please see the examples below.
Examples for accepted use of the Creative Commons License:
- Online article about HDR photography
- Using the photo as wallpaper for the personal computer monitor
- Blog post about some travel experience
- Forum discussion regarding HDR post-production
- Facebook personal header
Examples for use that requires licensing:
- Blog post of an international airline
- Marketing campaign for a start-up
- Travel-Blog that has commercial focus
- Individual print for use in a private home
- Magazines (Online/Offline)
- Anything connected to a company
License to Copyright
“Commercial Use” is defined very broadly regarding the use of images online or offline. The determination of use is based on the contextual use of the image.
The commercial use of all photos is only allowed if expressly granted by Sumfinity. A licensing fee will incur for all commercial uses. The fees are based on the following criteria:
- Media – web, print, tv,…
- Distribution size – number of copies, audience size,…
- Exposure – regional, national, international
- Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years,…
- Prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, front cover, home page background,…
All licensing inquiries should be sent to: email@example.com